After a strike lasting nearly a year, over 95% of the union’s voting members supported the new Interactive Media Agreement that was reached last month.
SAG-AFTRA has ratified the deal for a new Interactive Media Agreement with the major video game companies, ending the video game actors strike, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Over 95% of the union’s voting members have shown for their support for the deal reached in early June.
The actors union began its strike on July 16, 2024 after 18 months of negotiations, with talks breaking down over concerns regarding consent and compensation for the use of AI replicas. Major companies involved include Activision Productions Inc., Blindlight LLC, Disney Character Voices Inc., Electronic Arts Productions Inc., Formosa Interactive LLC, Insomniac Games Inc., Llama Productions LLC, Take 2 Productions Inc., VoiceWorks Productions Inc., and WB Games Inc.
“All of us at SAG-AFTRA would like to extend our deepest appreciation to the video game performers and allies who endured a great deal of sacrifice throughout the 11-month strike,” SAG-AFTRA national executive director, Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, said in a statement. “Now that the agreement is ratified, video game performers will be able to enjoy meaningful gains and important A.I. protections, which we will continue to build on as uses of this technology settle and evolve.”
“We look forward to building on our industry’s decades-long partnership with the union and continuing to create groundbreaking entertainment experiences for billions of players worldwide,” said Audrey Cooling, the video game companies’ joint spokesperson.







